Sunday, July 1, 2012

HOW TO DRESS UP FOR AN INTERVIEW



A while ago I did post something about branding yourself and why it is important. And today I'm gonna talk about how to dress up for an interview. Dressing up for an interview is as important as branding yourself. As a designer myself, I believe not wearing safe colors for an interview is the key. 

Well you can choose to wear black, white, grey or even brown but have something that pops out for instance, a bright pink colored shawl with a black maxi dress.. brave but safe.



I remembered the time when I went for an interview and i wore a bright red top and a grey shawl with pink flowers on it (yes people.. I'm a tudung girl) and a denim long skirt. I believe designers should portray themselves as what they are through what they wear. Color combination is the key. If you're brave enough, go color blocking! 

Color Blocking office wear?? perhaps..

If the potential employer couldn't recall your name, at least they can remember that you're the candidate who dressed up vibrantly (and pleasantly of course) not boringly! What you wear for an interview is the impression that you're gonna give to the potential employer.

~DRESS to IMPRESS~

No comments:

Post a Comment